Self-improvement quotes are one of the most searched things nowadays on the internet. Inspiration is perhaps one of the strongest things that help us work hard with no matter how exhausted, frustrated or disappointed you are. Inspiration helps to overcome any obstacle and solve any problem, but sometimes it’s so difficult to find it, that you lose your hope and can’t even believe that you have ever could do something in a good way.
If you have ever felt that way, you are probably looking for some ways to restore the inspiration and feel yourself a little bit more motivated for reaching new heights. We could share with you a dozen of tips to implement to make your feel inspired all the time, but we would like to concentrate on one of the most effective and easiest ways – the self-improvement quotes.
Why did we choose these self-improvement quotes to get inspired?
First and foremost, let’s clarify why exactly we have chosen quotes as one of the ways helping to inspire you and improve your personality. The matter is that all of these quotes are actually small advice that you’d better follow in your life. Also, the quote can be easily remembered. You can write it down or learn it by heart and always have it in your mind. And another important thing is that quote is a writing masterpiece, and if you have ever dreamt of becoming a writer, you need to have a good base for it.
Good Read: Best Daily Habits
Quotes are helpful writing tips and if you know at least some of them, you can choose your own credo for starting and running your writing career. So let’s stop talking and move to the most important part of this article, here are some self-improvement quotes.
- “We don’t need a list of rights and wrongs, tables of dos and don’ts: we need books, time, and silence. Thou shalt not is soon forgotten, but Once upon a time lasts forever.” by Philip Pullman
- “We read to know that we are not alone.” by C.S. Lewis
- “The one way of tolerating existence is to lose oneself in literature as in a perpetual orgy.” by Gustave Flaubert
- “No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.” by Confucius
- “Reading brings us unknown friends.” by Honoré de Balzac
- “I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us.”
by Franz Kafka
- “There are perhaps no days of our childhood we lived so fully as those we believe we left without having lived them, those we spent with a favorite book.” by Marcel Proust
- “Knowing you have something good to read before bed is among the most pleasurable of sensations.” by Vladimir Nabokov
- “When the Day of Judgment dawns and people, great and small, come marching in to receive their heavenly rewards, the Almighty will gaze upon the mere bookworms and say to Peter, “Look, these need no reward. We have nothing to give them. They have loved reading.” by Virginia Woolf
- “If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking“ by Haruki Murakami
- “Keep reading books, but remember that a book is only a book, and you should learn to think for yourself“ by Maxim Gorky
- “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” by Mark Twain
- “Picking five favorite books is like picking the five body parts you’d most like not to lose.” by Neil Gaiman
- “I still love books. Nothing a computer can do can compare to a book. You can’t really put a book on the Internet. Three companies have offered to put books by me on the Net, and I said, ‘If you can make something that has a nice jacket, nice paper with that nice smell, then we’ll talk.’ All the computer can give you is a manuscript. People don’t want to read manuscripts. They want to read books. Books smell good. They look good. You can press it to your bosom. You can carry it in your pocket.” by Ray Bradbury
- “There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.” by Joseph Brodsky
- “Write with the door closed. Rewrite with the door open.” by Stephen King
- “You can’t wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club.” by Jack London
- “I am simply a ‘book drunkard.’ Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.” by L.M. Montgomery
- “In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.” by Leo Tolstoy
- “Make it a rule never to give a child a book you would not read yourself. “ by George Bernard Shaw
We declare the era of writing! Choose your favorite self-improvement quotes from the list and make it your own inspiration for today. Perhaps, tomorrow you will need something else, but you have enough time to decide now what exactly makes you feel inspired when it seems that everything went wrong.